DayDreamer

DayDreamer

“It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.” ― Oscar Wilde

Charmed and Dangerous: Ten Tales of Gay Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy
Andrea Speed, Rhys Ford, Charlie Cochet, K.J. Charles, Jordan L. Hawk, Lou Harper, Astrid Amara, Nicole Kimberling, Ginn Hale, Jordan Castillo Price
The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales (Pantheon Fairy Tale and Folklore Library)
Wilhelm Grimm, Jacob Grimm, Joseph Campbell, Josef Scharl, Margaret Raine Hunt, Padraic Colum, James Stern
Die Rivalinnen. Adaptiert
Wear It Like A Crown
zarah5

Luck in the Shadows

Luck in the Shadows - Lynn Flewelling

It is, apparently, my summer with a fantasy theme reading. I'm really not complaining.

Luck in the Shadows feels less oppressive than Fitz's first person POV, and the fact that it was 200 pages shorther than Hobb's Assassin's Quest helped a lot. Sorry, I can't help but compare them: I read the last halves of both alongside each other.

While by the 400th page I was already exasparated with Fitz and company, here I was looking forward to finding out what happens next.

The world is richly built. And how! Really well thought out world building and plot.

I'm quite fond most of the characters: Alec and Seregil, and also of Micum, Kari and their children. And of Klia. Not so much of Nysander.
Thero intrigues me.

Hopefully I'll find time to read Stalking Darkness before the summer's over.