DayDreamer

DayDreamer

“It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.” ― Oscar Wilde

Charmed and Dangerous: Ten Tales of Gay Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy
Andrea Speed, Rhys Ford, Charlie Cochet, K.J. Charles, Jordan L. Hawk, Lou Harper, Astrid Amara, Nicole Kimberling, Ginn Hale, Jordan Castillo Price
The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales (Pantheon Fairy Tale and Folklore Library)
Wilhelm Grimm, Jacob Grimm, Joseph Campbell, Josef Scharl, Margaret Raine Hunt, Padraic Colum, James Stern
Die Rivalinnen. Adaptiert
zarah5
SPOILER ALERT!

The Disorderly Knights

The Disorderly Knights - Dorothy Dunnett

My abitity to put my thoughts to words has rapidly diminished in the last few months and this author and her novels deserve more than my usual messy ramblings. However, it is how it is.

I really liked Kate. And Philippa. I liked them in  The Game of Kings, I loved them here, from the first "It was Richard. She smiled widely none the less" (I'm quotting from memory) to "I'll give you my soul in a blackberry pie and a knife to cut it with" (again) they were entertaining and endearing.

I didn't like how Philippa made the choice for Lymond in the end, allowing Gabriel to escape. Heartless creature as I may be, I was for the other choice - Lymond didn't know if such a child even truly existed, let alone if it (he) was still alive. I am afraid of the cosequences of this choice.

I liked Jerott. Steadfast, honest, strong, naive. How did he even survive? He spent 3/4 of the book hating Lymond's guts and half the book respecting his prowess. I kind of picture Damen there.

Richard being so quick to discard his brother again was not a thing I liked.