DayDreamer

DayDreamer

“It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.” ― Oscar Wilde

Charmed and Dangerous: Ten Tales of Gay Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy
Andrea Speed, Rhys Ford, Charlie Cochet, K.J. Charles, Jordan L. Hawk, Lou Harper, Astrid Amara, Nicole Kimberling, Ginn Hale, Jordan Castillo Price
The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales (Pantheon Fairy Tale and Folklore Library)
Wilhelm Grimm, Jacob Grimm, Joseph Campbell, Josef Scharl, Margaret Raine Hunt, Padraic Colum, James Stern
Die Rivalinnen. Adaptiert
Wear It Like A Crown
zarah5

(Kind of) Review: The Name of the Wind

The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss

Interesting feature, that with the emoticones.

As a part of my recent return to mainstream books, this one sure is a winner. When I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about it. I didn't feel like leaving it for a while to go on with other reads - at least once I properly started it.

I like the magic system and how it is explained, but not too much. I like how energy isn't lost, how you have to work in order to get power.

I liked Kvothe but not completely. I liked (and hated) that despite being intelligent, he is just (more!) as prone to stupidity as anyone else.

I got pretty fond of Devi, LOVED Bast, liked Chronicler.

I liked the stories within the story.

I didn't like Denna. Meh. The constant laudation turned me right off.

I didn't like that the author used a 8yo boy as a catalyst to move along the story.

Fandom/Fanfic/Shipping side note.

As my brain seems to have been rewired that way and shipp/ing is unavoidable, I should state my conclusions. I ship:

Bast/Chronicler

Bast/Kvothe

Sim/Kvothe

Sim/Wil

Kvothe/Devi

And that's about it. Fic (sadly, but unsurprisingly) exists only for the Bast/Kvothe ship and there isn't much.

(show spoiler)

I'll be reading book two, but not before the release date for the third one is officially set. And I'd like to know if it will be a thrilogy or more books are to be expected... Feels like both are possible.