DayDreamer

DayDreamer

“It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.” ― Oscar Wilde

Charmed and Dangerous: Ten Tales of Gay Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy
Andrea Speed, Rhys Ford, Charlie Cochet, K.J. Charles, Jordan L. Hawk, Lou Harper, Astrid Amara, Nicole Kimberling, Ginn Hale, Jordan Castillo Price
The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales (Pantheon Fairy Tale and Folklore Library)
Wilhelm Grimm, Jacob Grimm, Joseph Campbell, Josef Scharl, Margaret Raine Hunt, Padraic Colum, James Stern
Die Rivalinnen. Adaptiert
Wear It Like A Crown
zarah5

The Lions of Al-Rassan

Лъвовете на Ал-Расан - Guy Gavriel Kay

I feel kind of cheated because of the skipped year but in the same time I'm grateful I was spared from the trainwreck in  slo-mo it apparently was. Still, it annoyed me and this is the reason I'm reducing half a star. Pffft, whatever.

It was a rich book, showing the cultural and religious clash between three countries and faiths marvellously. Not sure why it's being marketed as sci-fi in my country since it's obviously high-fantasy but hey, at least it's translated and more people have the opportunity to get to it (and feel my pain). i'll recommend it endlessly, I'm generous like that (especially with pain).

I really liked the characters.

Strong, self-assured women.

Clever, proficient men.

I'm especially fond of Ammar and Miranda. ^^

[spoiler]

In my headcanon AU everyone (important) lives and Jehane, Ammar, Rodrigo, and Miranda form a happy menage a quatre.

(show spoiler)