DayDreamer

DayDreamer

“It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.” ― Oscar Wilde

Charmed and Dangerous: Ten Tales of Gay Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy
Andrea Speed, Rhys Ford, Charlie Cochet, K.J. Charles, Jordan L. Hawk, Lou Harper, Astrid Amara, Nicole Kimberling, Ginn Hale, Jordan Castillo Price
The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales (Pantheon Fairy Tale and Folklore Library)
Wilhelm Grimm, Jacob Grimm, Joseph Campbell, Josef Scharl, Margaret Raine Hunt, Padraic Colum, James Stern
Die Rivalinnen. Adaptiert
beren
Wear It Like A Crown
zarah5

The Game of Kings

The Game of Kings  - Dorothy Dunnett Wow.

I hadn't done that in a while. Staying up all night with a book is a pleasure when you have the morning to sleep in, not when your alarm rings before you've read the last page and you still haven't gone to bed. Last time I stayed up with a book - to the last page of a book - was in March, with (who'd have guessed?) [b:Captive Prince: Volume One|9305362|Captive Prince Volume One (Captive Prince, #1)|S.U. Pacat|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1356028113s/9305362.jpg|14188292] and [b:Captive Prince: Volume Two|17158513|Captive Prince Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2)|S.U. Pacat|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1356027904s/17158513.jpg|23581952].

June is a busy month I should not be spending reading fiction, which is one reason I was keeping a moderate pace with this novel. So, assuming I had (have, it's morning already) lots to study, I decided to go to bed last night relatively early and read just a scene - sort of a chapter. It didn't really work out that way.

Now, the book.

The best novels surprise me at every turn. I expect something to happen, or in a certain way, but what really happens is unexpected and much better. :D Or worse.

At times I thought Lymond didn't have as good control over people as I was being led to believe. I had two examples - Will and Mariotta. When you wind a spring too tightly, it's bound to snap eventually, and in the wrong direction. But I was disabused of this train of thought by later appeared information and the characters' personalities.

Some characters I wished would drop dead Will, the crazy f--ker. Ughhh. He was forgiven pretty easily. Too easy. A man died because of him and he couldn't even admit his fault. I deem him TSTL.. Others I'd like to know better - Johnnie, Sybilla, Molly, Gideon. Richard. Lymond, duh.

My thoughts are not organised nor complete. I'll come back later to add and/or edit. My thought process leaves a lot to be expected on zero hours sleep.